Pansies and Shabby Chic Placemats





My favorite time of the year, planting time. I have been pacing myself this year since I have a new and different garden. I have garden beds this year and rock landscape so no weeds! Or easily managed weeds I should say. I want to plant things that look great together and like a cozy cottage garden. One of our local nurseries had an open house last weekend and I had a great time (even though I smelled too much and got terrible hayfever, from which one I don't know yet- probably something I bought) anyway they had a great selection of beauty. My daughter and I participated in a herb growing and cooking class that was all about eating great food made with herbs! I haven't had that much fun in a long time. We had watermelon, onion, and feta cheese salad - with a few other ingredients to top it off and it was wonderful! A great artichoke dip and my other favorite was a thick tomato slice, cheese and a large basil leaf. Wonderful. I bought lots of pansies, alyssum, a columbine and some herbs to plant. There is another open house this weekend and I will be attending to see what they've got. I will probably haunt the nurseries this year just because, like libraries, they are one of my favorite places to be. I also tried quilting again, more like patchwork. I thought I would do a shabby chic look and make some placemats with frayed edges and such. Well I definitely need to preshrink my fabric first and hem the placemats, but I loved how the frayed flower turned out. Think I will try them again with the improvements and see how they turn out. I need to figure out how to fray my seams, I love that look. Washing didn't do much.

Comments

Connie said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love pansies!

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric