Rise and Shine Hand Embroidery Pillow

This week I finished my "Rise and Shine" embroidery pattern that has a very bright theme, some orange butterflies and a few wildflowers.  I'm making a set with "Sweet Dreams" to go with it.   

After finishing the pillow i wanted to do the crochet border around the edge.  I found a great pattern for it on the You Go Girl blog.  I've seen it on so many pillowcases lately and it turns out really cute!  First I did a blanket stitch around the edge.  

I hemmed the edge of the pillow fabric first and used a large needle with "Comfy" fingering yarn from Knit Picks in Sea Foam.  It is a little heavier than crochet cotton and I liked the softness of it.   

Single crochet in the blanket stitch around.  I made a change here from her directions.  I only put two single crochet stitches in each blanket stitch because it was starting to ruffle a bit and I didn't want that.

Five double crochets in a single crochet for the shell stitch.  Very easy and it works up so quickly.  I think I'll make some pillow shams for my bed.  Always good to have some new home decor now and then.     

The finished border.  It's a bright happy pillow.  I put the "Sweet Dreams" pattern on the other side for a reversible pillow.  I'll show you that side next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric