Thursday, May 10, 2012

Herb Placemats and Wheat Redwork Embroidery

I've been working on some placemats using some of my Spoonflower samples.  They  turned out to have lots of herbs in them so I call them my herb placemats.  There's rosemary, garlic and some vegetables.  I want to find a soft yellow batik style fabric to go around the edge.  Hopefully I'll find something at the quilt show in a couple weeks.    

I'm working on my second redwork towel and I drew a wheat pattern and am excited to finish it.  I remembered to use colorfast floss on this one so I'll be able to use it in the kitchen. 

This design is kind of an experiment.  I designed a cat from one of my watercolor paintings and I'm using hand dyed floss so hopefully I will get a nice watercolor effect with neat shading.  I like how it is turning out so far.  If this one turns out I have two more I will stitch up for a set of three.  Not sure how I will finish them yet.    
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails