Herb Placemats and Wheat Redwork Embroidery

I've been working on some placemats using some of my Spoonflower samples.  They  turned out to have lots of herbs in them so I call them my herb placemats.  There's rosemary, garlic and some vegetables.  I want to find a soft yellow batik style fabric to go around the edge.  Hopefully I'll find something at the quilt show in a couple weeks.    

I'm working on my second redwork towel and I drew a wheat pattern and am excited to finish it.  I remembered to use colorfast floss on this one so I'll be able to use it in the kitchen. 

This design is kind of an experiment.  I designed a cat from one of my watercolor paintings and I'm using hand dyed floss so hopefully I will get a nice watercolor effect with neat shading.  I like how it is turning out so far.  If this one turns out I have two more I will stitch up for a set of three.  Not sure how I will finish them yet.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric