Dragonfly Embroidery Pillow and Redwork Towel

I finished my dragonfly embroidery pattern into a larger pillow.  I had the pillowform already and got out some coordinating fabrics to put with it.  I added a little pink here and there and liked how that turned out.

I have this drawer full of fabric bits and pieces left over from other projects.  I love to sit down with my drawer and pick out fabrics that could possibly work for a project.  I collect fat quarters throughout the year and don't throw any of the pieces away unless they are so small or narrow that they would be a pain to use.  There will be a quilt show here in May so I'm looking forward to adding to my drawer.    

I decided on the dots, mostly because I had more of it, but I like how it turned out and the blues in the dots match the blues in the stripes pretty well.  These are really fun projects.  I forgot to use colorfast floss on this one so I won't be using it in the kitchen, display only.  I'm working on another one now and will show you soon! Hope you have a great weekend.   


Tatkis said…
Your pillow looks perfect - I love the combination of stitching and fabrics!


Popular posts from this blog

Market Bag in Moda Aviary Fabrics

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric

Touching the Autumn Sky Complete!