Easter Bunny Cross Stitch and Watercolor Rose Fabrics


I finished my Easter bunny cross stitch design last night and finished it into a composition notebook journal cover.  I bought some hand dyed ribbons on Etsy and thought those matched well so added them to the side and top.  I used Gentle Art Simply Wool thread for the pattern and I really like it.  This is the second time I've used it.  They are adding more colors to the line all the time so there's a nice selection now. I used just one strand of the wool and the cross stitch filled out nicely and is very soft. 

On Sunday I found a great blog with wonderful sewing tutorials on it.  She's a lovely  young mother of three who sews and sells her patterns online.  She calls her blog "The Cottage Home" and she generously shares many tutorials.  I found this one for a fabric portfolio and made it with a blue fabric theme and used a couple of my Spoonflower fabric samples.     

The two bottom pockets are my Spoonflower fabric samples, one pocket is diagonal.  It is a fun and useful project.  I really enjoyed making it.

I got a bunch of my Spoonflower samples back and this is my cabbage rose collection.  I've made a couple needlecases out of two of the samples and I'm still thinking about what I want to do with the rest of them.  I love table linens so maybe will make something for spring.   Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric