Silk Blossom and Quilted Potholders


I've been working on this little flower blossom in hand dyed silk called "hopscotch days" on some warm pink hand dyed fabric. I think I will make it in to a needlecase with some of my pink fabric that is in the background. Almost finished with it. I've stitched this design before in a lighter color of pink so I wanted to try it in brighter colors.


I've been busy sewing today with my new fabrics. I got a bunch back a week or so ago and have been wanting to sew them into something. I bought some insul-bright at the quilt show last weekend and used it all on these potholders. It's nice so your hands don't scorch when you take hot pans out of the oven. I'll have these in my Artfire shop soon.


This is one of my favorite samples. This is my second sample I ordered from Spoonflower . I had the first one set at a very large repeat and I scaled it down and like it much better. I increased the size just a little bit to spread the design out a bit more. Love the colors and how they printed.





Comments

Shirley said…
I like the pot holders and I will be anxious to see your project finished that you are working on. It is fun to watch how they turn out. Take care. A Missouri Friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric