Lavender Houses and Priscilla Gown Embroidery


I really like the green and purple theme. I've been making these runners made with wide pieces that sew up in no time and have quite a collection now. I like to display them on my hutch and change them with the seasons; this one looks like it would be good for January to me. Hope the picture doesn't affect your equilibrium :) I tried to capture the whole runner to show you.


I finished my lavender houses cross stitch last night. It is the first design where I've used lazy daisy stitches. I love to do lazy daisies and French knots. I think they add a lot to a design. This design uses some of The Gentle Art's new colors - well fairly new to me - Moonlit Path, Victorian Lace and Crystal Lake. I love their names too. Really inspiring.

and my newest adventure is an embroidered gown using hand dyed silks. Lots of billowing roses and other fairy dust or baby's breath type flowers sprinkled here and there. I think I may frame this one. I'll show you in a bit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric