Needlework Photography and Vintage Tea Towels

 
I've been taking a photography class from the Great Courses to improve my skills taking photographs of my needlework.  Above is a Mirabilia pattern I stitched years ago.

 
I've been excited to go to the store lately (not one of my favorite chores) to see if there are any flowers for sale and this week there were some bundles of wildflowers that I used in my photos this week.
 
                                                                                  I got out my collection of vintage tea towels I've been collecting for a while and photographed those in various ways and in color groups, in different light, with and without flowers.    


 
I was glad there was finally some sun on Saturday so I could set up near a window for natural light.   

These are some of my favorite tea towels I have with the little applique flowers.  Such tiny stitching around the applique pieces.  I like the colored borders at the bottom too.  Hope you have a great week.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric