May Lily Cross Stitch and Halloween Quilting Fabrics

 
I started a series of birth month flower cross stitch projects this year and  I'm almost finished with May Lily.  I'm a little behind schedule because I've been illustrating a children's book for my mom.  It is a family project and I wanted to get the paintings done this summer so the book will be ready by Christmas.  I'll post about it when it is done!  I'm excited to see it.  

 
Now that I have more time I want to design a Halloween embroidery pattern.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to design for.  I went shopping at one of our local quilt shops this morning and found some great Halloween fabrics.  I love the witch and her purple cauldron in the first fabric.  I got some dots, cobwebs and the last fabric is black with great creepy eyes everywhere.  I can't wait to work with it.   

 
Mint/aqua fabrics are really popular now and I had a hard time choosing some for my fabric collection.  I love the aqua snowman fabric and the accent trims.  This is the first loopy trim I've seen and I can see it on a pillow.   

 
We went to the Farmer's Market this week and I bought some different colored carrots (will be a new eating experience for me eating a purple carrot) and some beautiful purple peppers.  I mainly bought the purple peppers so I could paint them, but I wanted to taste them too (I posted the pepper study on my drawing blog).  They taste great, a lot like a green pepper.  Our cat had to investigate...  

 
My petunias are growing happily right now so I wanted to include them too.  Hope your garden is growing nicely!  Have a nice weekend.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric