Flower Girl Silhouette Hand Embroidery Pattern

 
I finished my flower girl hand embroidery pattern this week.  It was kind of an experiment for me because I haven't designed many embroidery patterns with people.  I love all the silhouette inspired crafts I've been seeing so I wanted to try this. 
 
 
I also wanted a simple color palette with blues and yellows.  I chose the darkest blue floss I had ~ Merlin from Weeks Dye Works.  It's a wonderful midnight blue with a touch of purples in spots. 

 
I liked embroidering on the batik fabric because it had a nice watercolor effect in the colors I was using.  I chose to make the daisies blue because the white didn't show up as well as I wanted.  

 
I wanted to finish her as a pillow decoration for my bedroom.  I usually use strips of fabrics to frame the embroidery to the size of the pillow.  This time I attempted a more patchwork look and my shapes matched up pretty well ~ I'm not great at math and wing the measurements most of the time.  Much less stress for me :)  Hope you're enjoying your 4th of July weekend ~ US readers.  It's finally below 100 here and rained yesterday so I definitely am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric