I found an iPad case sewing pattern on Etsy last week and sewed it up on Sunday. I found the fabrics when I went to Reno browsing quilt shops. I love the botanical theme and the flap is a stamp fabric that looks like it was done in watercolor. Very cute fabrics. I still have a lot of the stamps fabric left so I'll choose something special to make out of that, I love it.
The iPad and stylus fit nicely in the case and closes securely with Velcro. I used heavy interfacing to give it some weight and durability. It was a quick project that sewed up quickly.
I've been shopping on Etsy lately... and found some hand painted trim. I've been wanting to buy some of this trim for a while but couldn't decide which one I wanted. The artist has a lot of different styles and they are all so cute. I bought the other trims at the quilt shop. I think I'll put the yellow ric rac on a hand embroidered towel. They had hand embroidered towels at the quilt shop finished with trims and ruffles. They were so cute so now I'm inspired to make some.
These are some of the fabric fat quarters I found to finish some of my embroidery projects and put a ruffle or two on some dish towels. I love how they were folded so neatly into triangles. Perfect for photo display.
I was in a sewing mood on Sunday and made this little make-up bag from a pattern by Amy Butler. I've had the pattern for a while and finally had some fabric I wanted to use for it. I'm happy with how it turned out and really liked the pleat feature on the bottom. Fun and easy pattern. Recommended!