Friday, October 14, 2011

Lavender Embroidery and Christmas Cross Stitch

I've been working on new designs for 2012 and some lavender came to mind. Lavender is one of my favorite scents and flowers. I have lavender sachets in my linen closets and will buy all the lavender scented house care products on the market...just smells clean and fresh to me. I like the brown and purple color combination and I added a little green and so far so good.


My last two Christmas designs for the year. Burgundy silk hand dyed floss on white for the design above. I like the crisp clean look of it. I probably won't have it done by the Needlework Show but soon after.



I finished this cross stitch design last weekend and made it into a table square using some flannels I had. I made it the same way I made the bluebird table square. I usually cut the squares to match the shape of the design after trimming it down a bit. Easy holiday decorations!





Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails