Blog about sewing, fabrics and hand embroidery needlework.
Snowgirls Cross Stitch, Pink Roses and Inspiration
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I have been working steadily on my Christmas cross stitch pattern - I call it Snowgirls. It is coming along and I am anxious to try the silk. I really like working with silk floss.
My pink miniature roses are doing very well considering the hot days. They bloom all season - Jackson and Perkins roses- hardy roses. Very nice.
I picked this magazine up recently. I buy the Somerset issues sometimes for inspiration and this one is full of inspiring articles, colors and pictures. Highly recommended! I just really loved the cover too.
I wanted to draw something to correlate with the season and I thought about a lady trying to juggle all of her equipment back so she doesn't have to make another trip, ever feel that way? I felt like using red too, such a strong color and not in my usual palette, so apples came to mind. Have a good weekend. Nice and cool here in Nevada.
This is one of my favorite things, to stitch. I turn a lot of my paintings and drawings into cross stitch designs - of flowers - but i'm sure you guess that already! I also admire quilting and sewing of any sort. Takes such talent and patience. My grandmother has given my family many beautiful quilts we display in our home and use all the time. Love their color and cozy feeling they give our home. Have a great weekend.
I wanted to depict the study of the rose from the closed bud to its fullest "open" point with this week's topic. I think it is fun to do studies of flowers in their different stages. The rose is one of the flowers that has quite a long growing phase from the time the bud appears to the time the rose is at its fullest. Have fun with the contest for this week's entry, I did.
Comments