Autumn Pumpkin Pincushion Ornament


Yesterday I noticed my neighbor had two bright orange pumpkins displayed on her porch and I was inspired and really wanted some myself! Instead I decided to stitch one and make a little pincushion ornament.

It really isn't a pincushion, but acts like one. It is more of a needlekeeper I guess. I also wanted to use it as an ornament for autumn to be able to hang it on a cabinet knob somewhere. I like to be able to move it around and display it in different places.


I put gold colored wool on the back to put the pins and needles into. I used a scallop edge rotary cutter for the edges of the wool and sewed it on using a coordinating variegated sewing thread. I am glad autumn is almost here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric