Blossom House and Batik Tote

Sewing yesterday I decided to finish a few more projects. I already had the Moda charm squares around this little cross stitch called "Blossom Street" and I decided to put a back on it and make a small runner. I thought about making a wall quilt, but liked it this size. I thought it went with the small design better. I used chocolate brown flannel on the back and a decorative machine stitch using variegated rayon thread in golden colors. I used some fusible batting to give it some stability.



I am going to do three art/craft fairs this summer and have been thinking of things to make for it. Tote bags are a good idea, especially big ones that hold a lot of stuff. I really like the patchwork look so I went through my fabrics and found some batiks and put them together. I liked the soft greens and bit of purple. I think I have a green/purple theme going without even thinking about it. Maybe I will check into the meaning of color and see what this tells me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric