Violet Topiary and Snowdance Gerbera Daisy Note Card

My newest cross stitch design done in purples and spring green with a little soot black. I've always wanted to work with black, but haven't done much until now. Brave enough I guess, it is such a strong color. I made it into a bookmark here. I love the versatility of small designs. This was stitched with Gentle Art Sampler Flosses.


It can also be framed. I like framing with fabric, brings out the floss colors and adds a neat interest to the design.

This is one of my new note cards featuring a white Gerbera daisy. I have been reading Amy Stewart's "Flower Confidential". While I was designing this I was at the part where she was in Holland where they grow a lot of beautiful Gerbera daisies. She mentioned in the book that the white one is called "Snowdance" and can be easily confused with the Shasta daisy. The way she describes Holland makes me want to hop a plane and go. Flowers everywhere! What joy!


Comments

Beautiful stitching and I really love your Easter projects. My favorite time of year. Hugs Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric