Love Matters, Beautiful Browns, Artful Blogging


Despite dust stirring and tumbleweed tossing winds we decided to make a quick afternoon trip to Reno. We had Barnes and Noble giftcards burning holes in wallets, well mine anyway. .. going through the canyon on the freeway was a little scary with the wind pushing against the car and huge semi trucks that were very close to the middle line, but we made it just fine and the skies were very clear in Reno - no smog hovering over the city. I went to a quilt shop to find some fat quarters for my latest embroidery project. I love the beautiful brown fabrics with warm berry colors, ecru and golden caramel colors. I had great fun picking out a few to make a very ruffly pillow with my "Love Matters" embroidery design. I stitched it using brown and berry color flosses from Weeks Dye Works. The hand dyed embroidered flosses have really enriched the craft of needlework. I fell in love with it all over again after I started designing with those. The last stop was Barnes and Noble... there is a very nice two story store in Reno and it was packed with people... great for the economy-spend, spend! I searched for quite awhile to find some eye candy for myself. Lots and lots of instructional books with beautiful pictures, but I'm not wanting to learn a new craft right now, just want some beautiful pictures to sit and absorb with a Ghirardelli chocolate and a nice cup of coffee... I found myself down at the magazine racks and glad I did. The latest Artful Blogging magazine was there in bright red with splashes of aqua on the cover. It is loaded with beautiful pictures and such a great variety too from sewing to nature - I particularly loved the nature blog and will be looking into that one. Anyway I was very happy and I grabbed it and got in line, we were lucky to get in line while it was short and just as the snowyish-rain started pounding down. Back home to enjoy and inspire myself...

Comments

365 Letters said…
Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad it was safe.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric