Biscornu Embroidery and Rabbit Cross Stitch

I've been wanting to make a biscornu for a while now and see some lovely cross stitch biscornu patterns, but wanted to try one in hand embroidery to see how it would work.  This is my first pattern with little bees and bee skeps.  The other side coordinates but is different, just a bee and flowers.  These are so fun to make and much easier than I thought they would be.  I'm working on some other design ideas to make more.     


For a spring design I want to do a little rabbit.  I've been trying to do more animals lately and get out of my floral comfort zone.  I'm going to use hand dyed linen from Weeks Dye Works and Simply Wool floss from The Gentle Art.  Their wool is so soft and I love the muted colors, perfect for my design idea.   

This is the progress on my Spring Blues design that uses just one skein of hand dyed floss. I am really enjoying this kind of project with just one skein, it is relaxing and I enjoy seeing how the colors come together.  I purposely mix up the colors in the pattern and stitch in different areas to see what effects I get.       

Comments

Doreen Frost said…
Thank you so much for stopping by today and leaving me such a lovely comment :)

LOVE..love..love your embroidery..it's gorgeous.

All the best,
doreen

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric