Bluebird Cross Stitch, Autumn Fabrics and Joy

I've been working a lot on new needlework patterns lately for the Needlework Show next month. I've done a little bluebird cross stitch and I am looking forward to matching fabrics, but I'm not quite sure how I want to finish him yet. I think he'd look nice in a frame yet a little ornament sounds cute too.



As it gets colder my interest in sewing increases so I've been taking inventory of my fabrics and sorting thinking of projects. I liked how all of these fabrics went together. I have a pattern for an easy wall quilt I'm thinking of doing.


I finished this design this week. I used Weeks Dye Works flosses and 28 count linen. It is a small design that I want to surround with Christmas fabrics of the same color theme. I'm thinking of heading to Reno to the quilt shops this weekend to see what I can find.





Comments

Sherry said…
The little bird is perfect. I love birds and this one is a design I would love.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric