Basket Liners, Blue Art Fabrics and Craft Show

I've been embroidering on some lovely organic cotton/linen towels and thought they could be used for basket liners or candle mats. I love the color and the feel of them. They have serged edges to prevent fraying and the edges have a lacy look from the serging.


I was sorting through my growing stack of samples from Spoonflower and I liked the way this bunch went together. I really like to make runners for my buffet and china hutch and like to change them with the seasons. This colorway seems "wintery" to me so I think I will work on that soon.



Our local art/craft group called "Sagebrush Sisters" had our first harvest fair ever and first show of the season. We usually always have a Christmas fair and wanted to see how a harvest fair would be.



It was very fun and we decorated with corn stalks, bales of straw, baskets, gourds and other fall items. We hold the show every year in the old post office that the city has preserved nicely. It has great lighting with large windows, beautiful wooden floors and great woodwork throughout.




We had lovely items, photography, paintings, pottery, candles and lots more. It was a fun weekend.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric