Patchwork Flower Table Cloth


Today I was inspired to make a patchwork table cloth out of a stack of my Spoonflower fabric collection and I cut up twenty samples and made forty blocks to put together. I bought a little postcard pattern at a quilt show earlier in the year and used that for my pattern.



I had a lot of pinks, mostly pinks and some blue/purples so I arranged them all in rows of eight with five rows total. I tried to put the blues and purples here and there to break up the pink a bit. Some of the fabrics have more white than others and I did the same with those.


Most of the pinks were a similar tone so that helped with the color coordination. It is a bright and lively table cloth! and it makes me happy.




I had a few yellow fabrics and some with bugs so I broke up the flower theme a bit with those.


I decided to take it outside in my backyard to see how the colors looked out there and I liked that too. I just wish I had more pretty flowers in my garden to compliment the table cloth but it is too hot for them and they're wilting and unhappy so the flowers in the fabric will have to do.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric