Owl Moon and More Patchwork Table Mats

I've been wanting to design an owl for a while now but couldn't picture what I wanted until I sketched this one and I've decided to call him Winston. He makes me happy. He is chubby and has great big wise eyes. I decided to use Gentle Art flosses on him as they have an earthy look to some of their colors.

Playing with more color I put some more table mats together using some spring fabric scraps from my collection. Some of them I get really attached to I like them so much and don't want to use them so I either just don't use them for a long, long time or just use small bits. I have a colorful cardboard container I keep small snips in and it is fun just to have on display.

This mat used some of the small squares I bought on my last quilt shop shopping trip. Matches my teacup. On a different note...how about those Saints! Very happy for them and New Orleans. Nice to see things getting good again for New Orleans. Hope you have a good week.


Comments

Helen said…
Hi - just found your blog - love the owl, but the scottie is my favourite! Lovely.
Tammy said…
The owl is beautiful! I'm going to be trying embroidery this year!!

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric