Free Heart Embroidery Pattern Patchwork Tote




I have been working on Valentine design ideas and decided I would put one of them on my blog to see if anyone would like to try it out. If you have trouble printing it from here please visit my website as it should print from there, http://www.countrygardenstitchery.com/ I finished mine in an evening and made it into a cute patchwork tote. It is very easy. I used stem stitch on the hearts and large swirl flowers, back stitch on the small swirl flowers, lazy daisy stitches for the leaves and three wrap french knots for the smallest swirl flowers. I used one strand of Caron Collection Wildflowers in Eggplant. I stitched the design on some very white fabric with a subtle floral design on it. I love little bags and totes so I went through my fabric scrap box and found some pieces to make one. I trim down my finished design to about an inch around and begin by putting two strips of fabric on each side and then on the top and continue adding until you are happy with the size. Cut a back the same size to match the front and two other pieces of fabric the same size for the lining. Sew these together leaving a small opening in the lining for turning. Make a handle or two and attach to bag with pins and sew the lining and outer bag together. Turn and press. I would love to see your heart and/or patchwork tote if you decide make it! Hope you enjoy embroidery or this inspires you to try it!

Comments

That's lovely, thanks for sharing with us. Love to see your stitching, and the watercolours are gorgeous!! You are a talented lady!! Wish I could paint.

Happy stitching : )

Sharon xx

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric