Quilted Needlework, Needlework Mysteries, Moonlight Garden



A weekend spent in the garden and at the local nursery was very nice. I planted more flowers and have a purple and pink theme going with splashes of red and orange with a yellow columbine. Right outside my bedroom window I have a small flower garden around a flowering plum tree. It is getting warm enough outside now we leave our window open at night. I planted purple varigated alyssum around the outer border and bright pink petunias in the middle. The quiet breeze at bedtime brings in the wonderful fragrance of the petunias and it is heavenly. I haven't had a garden so close to my bedroom before and I love it! At the Flower Tree Nursery there was a wine tasting, all kinds of drawings to enter, classes to attend and flowers to browse. I tasted a white riesling wine from a local nursery and a port which I've never tried before - didn't like it at all so really glad I had never bought any! I tasted a fantastic blend of zinfandel, merlot and cabernet and it was by far my favorite and I will be looking for that next time I shop for wine. Sunday brought a mood for sewing and I finished my first wall hanging quilt using my "Year in a Country Garden" series cross stitch designs. I decided to split them up into three months and decided to put April, May and June together because their colors were similar. I really like how it turned out and it is decorating my wall now. Next I will do July, August and September and so on. I finished "Moonlight Garden" and will be sending it to Nordic Needle and hopefully they will display it at the TNNA needlework show in Columbus. I will have it on my website soon. And my latest reading has been "Hanging by a Thread" by Monica Ferris. Very good story and entertaining as all of her stories are. I am almost finished with it and am anxious to read her new one. I love those stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric