Redwork Embroidery Kitchen Towels

I put the fabric borders on my kitchen towels yesterday.  I loved working on the toweling yardage.  The quilt shop I bought it from had a few other towels with different patterns along the sides so I think I need to try those next and maybe with a crochet border on each end rather than fabric.     

Poppies are one of my favorite flowers and are so easy for me to grow.  I thought the pattern would look good on a pillowcase too.  I might try that.    

We have a lot of cattails growing along the canal banks where I live so I like to draw them.  Right now they are just fuzzy seedheads and I love to watch the soft seeds fly away.  Like dandelions, but a lot more seeds. 

We have lots of birds around here too.  Jet blackbirds with bright yellow marks on their chests and some with orange-red marks.  Lots of robins, doves, and funny quail mates that try to run across the road at the wrong time.  So they all inspired my birdhouses in this one.

I grew up on a farm so I love fields, especially wheat.  Hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

Tatkis said…
All your stitched towels are so charming!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric