Blue Flowers Art Fabric Placemats

I selected four of my fabric samples to make a set of placemats with the sample in the center. I used commercial fabrics built up around it to make a placemat. This sample is Blue Lilacs and Columbines
and I scalloped the edges with a rotary cutter.



This sample is Forget Me Not which is from a watercolor painting and has similar values of blue on a white background.




This is one of my first fabric samples Purple Pansy Watercolor and it prints really well with deep royal purple flowers and a light watercolor wash behind the flowers.





This is a drawing study of a white windflower in different stages of growth with watercolor wash.



The whole set goes together pretty well I thought and I tried to find fabrics of the same value of blue with green accents of similar shades. I set these on the table during the day and take them off before our meals so I can save them for a while, the family can eat on older stained ones :)






Comments

Susan said…
Beautiful placemats. I may dig around in my fabric stash a bit today. Won't make anything as pretty as yours, but love the idea.
countrygarden said…
Great! and thank you for stopping by my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric