Butterfly Embroidery and Blue Lilacs

I have been feeling a bit of cabin fever lately so I wanted to stitch something spring-like and found some butterflies to do. Nice bright colors in orange, red and yellow from The Gentle Art. I bought a pack of precut Moda fabric squares and chose one of those to embroider the design on. I will make it into a little ornament when I'm done.

I also embroidered another part of the design on a white linen towel. I bought the towels from an ebay seller last year and really like them. Hopefully I can find her again to buy some more. Tea towels are fun.

This is my progress on my blue lilac design. I'm thinking I will sit down this weekend and watch a little Cleopatra (one of my favorite movies with Elizabeth Taylor in it) and stitch some more. I found a site where I can design my own fabrics with my art work so I plan on finishing this design with some of those fabrics, very excited about that. Will post about that soon!


Comments

Tommye said…
love your butterflies. So fun and whimsical.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric