Snowgirls Cross Stitch, Ornament and Embroidery Mystery Novel


I'm getting closer to being ready to release my Christmas design for this year. It is called "Snowgirls" and I sewed the design into a runner today. I used French General fabrics, they have beautiful fabrics and I love the feel, drape and color combinations. I used 3" wide strips in four different coordinating fabrics. I am looking forward to using it this Christmas.

"Snowgirls" uses Weeks Dye Works flosses and a little Kreinik blending filament for Christmas sparkle, some soft white beads from Wichelt and a few French knots that compliment the cross stitches. This will be released to Norden Crafts in October and you will be able to get it from your local needlework shop!


This is a little ornament I made from my new design called "White Flower Bouquet". It is stitched with the lovely soft colors from The Gentle Art. These are fun and quick designs and look nice displayed as an ornament all the time. This design is available as a PDF file in my Etsy store.



I just finished this cozy mystery story. I was excited to read it because it is an embroidery mystery story set in a needlework shop in Oregon called the "Seven Year Stitch" because she likes old movies. Marcy, the main character, works on cross stitch projects throughout the story and I was very glad to see that as the focus craft! It was very creatively written and it kept me intrigued throughout and ended well. It was fun to see Nordic Needle mentioned. Marcy teaches classes and one of the classes is making a cross stitch tote. The author has a new book due in February 2011 so I am looking forward to that one. I really hope Marcy decides to go for Detective Nash rather than Todd Calloway :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric