Blue Lilac Cross Stitch and Ellie Cat


I began a new project over the weekend inspired by a blue lilac watercolor and ink drawing I did a while back. I love the French blue and yellow color theme and with spring coming soon I wanted to do something bright. I think I will start trying to find some French blue fabrics and sunshine yellow to go with this pattern to make into a runner for my buffet. I'm using DMC floss also and it has been a long time since I've just used DMC. I always seem to use the hand dyed flosses from Weeks Dye Works and The Gentle Art - love hand dyed flosses.
This is my little sketch that inspired my design. I love lilacs and I always like to play around with nature's colors and make my own. I've never seen a blue lilac before.



This is my latest design called "Ellie Cat". I finished her over the weekend and really like her. She has a big heart and makes me smile and she has a little bird friend. It's nice to be able to keep the design in a hoop - easy finishing and looks nice. Very economical, can't beat that. Ellie is headed out to my distributor today and she will be in my Artfire shop tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric