Burgundy Socks and Scottie Dog Embroidered Pillow

I started knitting some socks this week.  I found some lovely Lorna's Laces yarn at our local yarn shop in a burgundy that reminded me of fall leaves.  This pattern is from the Interweave book "Favorite Socks" and this is Evelyn Clark's pattern.  Really fun pattern and easy repeat to memorize.  So far so good for me on this project!   

I made my scottie dog design into a pillow this week.  I had him in a frame for a while but I think he looks better in a cozy pillow.  He's off to live with someone else now and I'm a little bit sad.  I may have to embroider him again...    

I've really been knitting a lot lately, probably because I'm anxious for the cooler fall temperatures and no more triple digits.  This is a really fun and easy pattern by Jared Flood
off the Ravelry site.  Mine turned out a touch big so I am going to use a size smaller needle for the next one I knit, but I tend to knit loose.   

I don't buy magazines much anymore because there's so much on the internet to see and Pintrest is like a beautiful magazine daily for me, but I had to have these two.  The Victoria is absolutely beautiful throughout with a great feature on Scotland.  I saw a sewing roll pattern in the Quilts and more I want to make designed by Carrie Nelson (I love her quilt books).  So I'm going to start picking fabrics from my stash to make that.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric