Blog about sewing, fabrics and hand embroidery needlework.
Autumn Pumpkin Pincushion Ornament
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Yesterday I noticed my neighbor had two bright orange pumpkins displayed on her porch and I was inspired and really wanted some myself! Instead I decided to stitch one and make a little pincushion ornament.
It really isn't a pincushion, but acts like one. It is more of a needlekeeper I guess. I also wanted to use it as an ornament for autumn to be able to hang it on a cabinet knob somewhere. I like to be able to move it around and display it in different places.
I put gold colored wool on the back to put the pins and needles into. I used a scallop edge rotary cutter for the edges of the wool and sewed it on using a coordinating variegated sewing thread. I am glad autumn is almost here.
I wanted to draw something to correlate with the season and I thought about a lady trying to juggle all of her equipment back so she doesn't have to make another trip, ever feel that way? I felt like using red too, such a strong color and not in my usual palette, so apples came to mind. Have a good weekend. Nice and cool here in Nevada.
This is one of my favorite things, to stitch. I turn a lot of my paintings and drawings into cross stitch designs - of flowers - but i'm sure you guess that already! I also admire quilting and sewing of any sort. Takes such talent and patience. My grandmother has given my family many beautiful quilts we display in our home and use all the time. Love their color and cozy feeling they give our home. Have a great weekend.
I wanted to depict the study of the rose from the closed bud to its fullest "open" point with this week's topic. I think it is fun to do studies of flowers in their different stages. The rose is one of the flowers that has quite a long growing phase from the time the bud appears to the time the rose is at its fullest. Have fun with the contest for this week's entry, I did.
Comments