Birth Month Flower Needlebooks

 
I've started September Morning Glory and I wanted to get all the needlebooks out that I've completed in this series to see which finishing techniques I liked best. 
 

 
I really like the needlebooks finished as May and June were with a border of fabric on the left side.  I tried a few larger needlebooks with several fabrics inside and larger pockets.  The fabrics are for practicing stitches or sewing on buttons/button collection or scraps of favorite fabrics.  I had a book like that when I was learning to sew.  I practiced hooks and eyes, buttons and snaps in it.   Think I was about 10 :)  
 
 
Having the fabric around the design really makes the colors stand out, like on August Poppies. 

 
As I was gathering them up to put them away I thought the colors looked nice so wanted a couple different photos for variety.  I love colorful fabrics.   

 
June was one of my favorite needlebooks.  I really like pink.  Hope you have a good week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric