Chickadee Hand Embroidery and Bird Inspiration

 
The robins have been visiting our trees a lot lately to grab the little plums still hanging on.  They've been inspiring some of my bird designs.  I like robins, they're a brave bird and stay around a while if your near.   
 

 
I started a little chickadee hand embroidery pattern on some soft blue batik fabric.  I added some little pink blossoms to the tree branch for a little more color, but overall I wanted it to be a winter color palette.   

 
The little chickadee is in my Spoonflower fabric sample called "The Birds" along with a bluebird, cardinal and a gnatcatcher.  I love gnatcatchers.  They're so small and chubby.  I hope to see one some day.    

 
He's also in a "Thinking of You" greeting card. 
 
 
Do you read MC Beaton novels?  I really like her Agatha Raisin series, really funny.  Now and then I'll read one of her Hamish Macbeth novels.  They take place in Scotland and are mild mysteries.  She uses the native dialect so the setting and overall effect is really enjoyable.  Great for cold winter days.    

(the snowman collection my kids have given me for Christmas over the years :)   
A week away from the Christmas holiday so I'll wish you a very Merry Christmas now and best of luck in the new year, here we come 2014!
 

Comments

Misha said…
Bellissimi i tuoi ricami i passerotti mi sono piaciuti tantissimo Marisa

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric