A Christmas Apron

 
Inspired to take a break and sew yesterday so I looked through my collection of quilting and sewing magazines for an inspiring pattern.  I found an apron pattern in the "Simple Quilts" issue. 

 
I bought some pretty Christmas fabrics with a robin egg blue theme a few months ago and have been saving most of it for a special project.  I didn't know what it would be, but knew it would come to me...  

 
I had enough to make the "for the cook" apron and cut out all the pieces. 

 
I like projects like this because I always learn something new.  This pattern has a gathered top around the neckline and four pleats at the waist, both were new to me.  As I was evaluating my project, I noticed my straps didn't match up with the waist, but I think I know what I did.  I've done it before with quilting projects.  I don't pay close enough attention to my seam width so on some I sew a 1/4" seam and on others 3/8" and so on, and that's the effect I get :) 

 
I finished up putting the neck ties on and the ruffle along the bottom.  Even though the straps don't match up I love it and will probably wear it long past Christmas.  I think I will make another one for spring and see if I can get those straps to match with the center waist.  It's a fun pattern and I recommend it!  Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!     

Comments

Tammy said…
That turned out adorable! Love your fabric choices!

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric