July Cross Stitch and Purple Flower Bouquet Card

It's the season for cutting flowers from the garden and making bouquets. Kind of nice not to have to buy bouquets that other people make, I like to make my own. This is a watercolor of a larkspur bouquet I painted. I also like to collect vases, pitchers and such to put flowers in. Today I cut some deep red dianthus and put it into a canning jar which I thought suited the humble little bouquet.



It's almost July so I thought I would put a little design for July on. I like the little red watering cans around the border. This is one in a set of twelve designs that are fun to stitch. I used Gentle Art Sampler flosses on all of them, they have great colors in their floss collection.



Comments

Wow I love your watercolor, it is just beautiful!
Did you design the cross stitch also? I have to admit I have been putting off getting my watercolors out and doing a few paintings of my flowers that are blooming in the garden. I may have to get out there and give it a try when the rain stops! Your painting is so inspiring!
Have a wonderful weekend...
Tina xo
countrygarden said…
Hi Tina, Thank you! Yes I do small watercolor paintings and design needlework patterns. Enjoy your weekend too!

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric