Lollipops and Pink Ribbon Table Runners


I found all of my spring colored fabrics and sorted through them to pick the best to finish this lollipops runner. I really like the bright cheerful colors, different shapes and patterns. I finished the edges with pinking shears and each end with my scallop rotary cutter. I used a light green thread and a fancy zigzag stitch on my machine to quilt "in the ditch" between fabric strips. Worked up nicely.


This was one of my free patterns last year and I decided to finish it as a runner also with various pink fabrics to go with the theme of breast cancer awareness. A touch of spring green in there to balance things out.


I finished my sweet pea bookmark also. I embroidered the pattern on some very soft green floral fabric using hand dyed silk flosses in lavender and sky blue for the sweet pea flowers. Evergreen shades for the stems. Dark royal purples for the little tiny flowers at the bottom.

Comments

All those are cute. Still wanting to learn to quilt. Just looking at your patterns makes me want to learn more. I can handle the embroidery, just making it into someting is my problem.. Your things are so pretty and soft looking and springy.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric