Sweet Peas and Robin visits

The rain and thunder inspired me to sew yesterday and put some colorful fabric around my latest projects. I've been using the shabby-chic technique lately in my runners where I use a scallop edge rotary cutter on the edges and then a decorative machine stitch around the edge to finish. Turns out nice, doesn't fray too much because of the scallops and is much easier than binding the edges.


I am excited about my bookmark project this year (that is to just have a whole pile by the end of the year) and see what I've come up with and which colors I've used. Will be interesting to see if I am all over the place with color or consistent, so far I've been consistent - purple.


The robins have been pecking in our yard and I enjoy watching them. There are two that like our neighborhood, they are good buddies I think. I admire their boldness, they don't scare easily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric