Dress Forms, Winter Branches and Table Quilt


This little mosaic collection of photos shows what I've been working on this week. I am planning a new cross stitch design featuring hats on hat stands with lots of flowers spilling about and I received the floss from DMC this week. I love looking at all the colors together. I sketched one of our flowering plum trees in the back yard that still had four papery thin leaves and a handful of shriveled plums left after our wonderful snowstorm. Sunday afternoon I got out my fabrics to see if I needed anything new and realized I wouldn't need anything new for a long time unless I got busy making something so I chose this little quilt. I have an on again off again interest in quilting. I am thinking it is because the measuring has to be precise or all the pieces don't match, especially triangle pieces and the whole thing looks skewed and I am not a precise person at all, it stresses me I think :) Anyway I decided to tackle this little project using some Moda charm pack pieces I had. Not too many moments of frustration, in fact I felt like I really challenged myself with the diagonal piecing and trianges and it worked out fairly good. Not all my pieces match up and it isn't precise, but I feel good about it. I should be able to finish it this weekend and I will show it complete next week. Great colors for January decorating on my table. Quilts make the home seem so cozy. The dress form embroidery hanging has quilting I can handle. Simple rectangles and straight lines and embroidery, that is my favorite part :) Have a very peaceful weekend. P.S. Just started Jeffrey Archer's "A Prisoner of Birth" - a modern day spin on "The Count of Monte Cristo" and have a hard time putting it down. Have you read it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric