Vintage Vavoom and Cute Skirts


I've been out browsing the fabric shops and book shops the last couple of weekends and had a great time. Wonderful reprieve from being stuck in the house all the time. Not fun to get out when it is cold, windy and gray skies even if it is not raining or snowing. I went to a great used book store in Reno called Zephyr books and found two fun decorating books that I have been wanting; Shabby Chic and Vintage Vavoom from Romantic Homes magazine. Great pictures in both of them, especially Vintage Vavoom. Really like that one. I have been wanting to sew myself a new skirt for spring and love "Favorite Things" patterns. I found their "cute skirts" pattern and some rose red flowery fabric on a pretty blue background. Hopefully this pattern will work out for me. I tried making a corduroy jacket and almost finished it and the facing didn't fit! maddening and made me feel like a complete beginner again and not want to try hard sewing patterns - although that was supposed to be an easy one. sad face... :( oh well I won't give up and hopefully my skirt will be posted on here looking just fine!

Comments

What lovely books, and fabric!! Wish I could take a look right now.
How's the weather there? We have had lots of snow for over a week now, which is unusual these days. The children love it, but getting to work is scary!!

Take care : )

Sharon xx
I LOVE LOVE my Vintage Vavoom book!!! ~ I hope they publish more...wouldn't it be wonderful if they came out with a quarterly magazine???

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!!

xoxox

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric