Blooming Pink Tulips


Inspired by all of the blooming daffodils in my neighborhood I decided to draw some tulips. Sometimes I have a hard time getting my colored pencil to show up well on the scans so I decided to leave more white and see how that worked. I like the value contrast and the white showing through. Still too cold to plant here I think so my mums are still near a sunny window. Getting ready for my online needlework show on April 16. Still working on a little lady who loves her garden pattern and the third embroidered tulip pattern that will complete my set of three. I am going to make a wall quilt out of the three embroideries using purples and greens in the fabric. Will be a new project for me, haven't used several embroideries in my wall quilts yet, hope to get the measurements right.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric