Winter Wheat Knit Cowl and Nola

 
I started a lace cowl with some winter wheat hand dyed yarn.  It's got great subtle color variations and really reminds me of the autumn colors around here.  It's an easy to remember lace pattern and the yarn is DK weight so it's working up quickly. 

 
I was able to go to New Orleans (I like the nick name NOLA :) last week with my husband and while he was in classes I toured the wonderful city.  I found a fun knitting shop in the French Quarter called "The Quarter Stitch".   They packaged up my yarn with such festive colors of ribbons and tissue.  It's a little smashed from being packed, but the effect is still there so I took a photo to remember.      

 
Hand dyed yarn in blues that reminds me of the all the waterways in NOLA.  It's very soft.  I'm thinking maybe a hat or some fingerless mitts. 

 
I can't decide what is my favorite part of NOLA but Jackson Square is at the top of the list.  The beautiful St. Louis Cathedral, built in the 1700s, still stands tall and strong. They were having a red mass the day I visited and when mass was over the priests came out wearing bright red capes and the parishioners wore something red.  The men had on red carnation flowers.    

 
Wild and crazy Bourbon Street at night under the crescent moon.  Fun street with lots of street performers, live music and great food.  Fun time.  Fun place full of history.   Hope you have a great week!   

Comments

Tammy said…
Your shot of Bourbon Street is beautiful! I've never been, but really would love to someday. The cowl is gorgeous-I've learned to knit (not as good as you!) and crochet this past year and it's so fun. All the yarn is so much fun. Can't wait to see the cowl finished. Great piece for fall!

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric