Bluebird Cross StitchTable Square


I picked up a collection of charm squares from Moda a while ago and the colors matched my new bluebird design perfectly so I decided to make a charm square table topper for a new decoration. Can you see him up there in the corner? He blends nicely I think.


I trimmed the cross stitch fabric around the design to match a charm square and then sewed rows of the squares together. I didn't put any batting in the table topper. Just put a backing on it with a coordinating color. I had a very small 2x2 charm square from another set I bought and sewed that onto one of the squares for more texture. It is on the third row up from the bottom.




I thought it was neat how the colors of the charm pack and my design went together since I didn't plan it. I like being able to use my stash and then feel good about buying more... I am saving my little bluebird pattern for the Needlework Show I will be participating in on October 20th. It runs from October 20-25 online so you can browse the participating shops at any time and see what is new. Hope you'll stop by and say hi!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric