Chicken Cross Stitch, Charm Squares and Watercolor Fabric

This is an update on my blue lilacs. There are lots of color changes to give a watercolor effect so it is taking me a little while to do this one. I really like the colors and simple flower design. I want to find some French blue fabrics with a little yellow to finish the design in a table runner.
These are my first four fabrics I designed on Spoonflower. It takes a while to get them and I have five more on order and very excited to see them. I adjusted the size of the image so it will be a smaller overall print on the fabric. I liked how it printed the watercolors and the ink drawing. It captures all the details.


I've really been inspired by chickens lately so chose some country rustic colors from Weeks Dye Works and their "Havana" fabric to stitch my chicken with. This pattern is much easier and I should have it done soon. I designed some fabric with chickens on it from Spoonflower to finish this design with, you can see a preview of the fabric on my drawing blog.


I bought two packs of Moda charm squares and picked out all the fabrics I could embroider on. I like to make ornaments out of these with embroidery on them and hang them around my house or give them as gifts. They work up really quick and are easy to finish, just put another charm square on the back with a little interfacing on it so it will hang nicely and a ribbon sandwiched in between. Sew around it and you're done. You can finish it with raw edges out for a shabby look or right sides together and turn for finished edges. Fun project for spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric