French Knots and Ellie Cat

I've been working on French knots today on a new pattern I designed. I found it to be easier if I skip a thread when going back through the knot rather than going through the same hole. Keeps it nice and secure. I really like making French knots.


I've added a new little pair of embroidery scissors to my collection. I love little things and embroidery scissors are one of them. I also collect little books, like those little season books Mary Engelbreit used to publish... love those. The new pair is the black and white stork scissors on top. Cute. I really like how the little screw looks like the stork's eye.

I got busy designing a new pattern today and selected some very warm colors from my Gentle Art floss collection. It is going to be a primitive design so I wanted muted warm colors. It is called "Ellie Cat".



And I'm thinking of following the new fad I've noticed on Etsy of framing the finished design in a wooden embroidery hoop. The needlework projects I've seen done this way look very cute.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric