Illustration Friday "Superstition"


I have always been intrigued by superstition and supersticious people, though not suspicious myself. I wanted to paint some flowers since they are my favorite thing. Most flowers have meanings and I figured that there might be some superstitions that go along with the meanings. I found some fun ones but my favorite was "Don't pick the foxgloves or you'll offend the fairies." This was my first time painting and drawing faires and I can say I love them too and hope I've not offended them in the past with picking foxgloves!

Comments

Ginger*:) said…
And do you know why ? If you pick foxgloves you will surely offend the fairies as they use the blossoms for little hats.

Your gorgeous painting, the colors, and the delicate treatment would surely make the fairies quite happy!
valerie walsh said…
I love how you always paint what you want to! You are a true artist and your fairies look very pleased!!!
Teri said…
This is such a happy colorful painting. Love it.
Unknown said…
Hi Cathie...your work is amazing!
soulbrush said…
love this, so delicately feminine once again
Cathy said…
I love foxgloves and this is a gorgeous painting!
Random York said…
Super sweet and refreshing to look at!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kstyles said…
Your paintings are very nice. I like the scale painting also.
Kim de Young said…
Love the fairies and the colors, I think you are very witty too

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric