new moleskin


i decided to play along and get myself a moleskin sketchbook to see what they are all about. i find myself sitting and waiting more. waiting for kids - need to do something so i have my moleskin companion now. i find myself just putting it with my keys ready to go. i need to practice drawing people - out of my comfort zone. i draw flowers and nature a lot probably because it is easy for me and i've done it for many years. i do a structure now and then, but people are fascinating and i would love to depict them better in my work. don't really know if my efforts are going anywhere, or if they are supposed to. have tried many venues in the past and none of them really lead anywhere, but they do make me happy. i guess that is what counts. sometimes it is hard to accept just that though. this is something i can do when i get old though. travel around and draw what i see. need something to do when i get old.

Comments

Mim said…
Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. Your work is beautiful, and I'm glad you are doing IF - it's a great weekly challenge.
Flora Chang said…
Cathie, thanks for visiting my little blog!

Having fun is the most important thing when you are making art... I have to make everything look perfect at work (plus my nature makes me do that also): perfect line, no dirt in the files, perfect registration, making sure everything is as tight as can be... etc., and it sucks your soul away working like that. Sometimes you just have to get loose and not care and just have fun... like kids do. Kids make the best artists; they don't have training and they don't care if their drawings look correct or not. Just have fun and keeping shareing your artworks with us! :)
I am looking forward to see more of your stuff! xo
Luchi said…
Tag! Your it! Check my blog for details on what to do next!
http://luchicreations.blogspot.com
imwithsully said…
The Moleskines are certainly fun. I never leave the house without mine anymore. I always try find a moment to sketch, even when I am at work. This spread is really nice. Keep up the good work!
Mary said…
I like the way you draw figures, I'm struggling with my own way at the moment, can't seem to get it right. I think as long as you enjoy what you create then this can be seen in the image and it is successful because of this. All the work i'm uncertain about isn't any good or atleast i don't think it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Letters from Nora Progress and Green Nine Patch Block

Swan Heart Hand Embroidery Pattern

Quilted Potholders Watercolor Art Fabric